Driver's Reaction - British Grand Prix

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Drivers have something to say after a qualifying session was delayed for more than 90 minutes due to heavy rain at Silverstone.


 Red Bull

Mark Webber: "I have raced here in '95 for the first time so I've been around this track a few times it was a strong session today with very mixed conditions the cars are difficult to handle when it is so in each session ... we were changing with time up to five or six seconds per lap, there was a lot of standing water and aqua planning I was happy was when he was competitive you have to put everything on the line in the Q3 ... Alonso put together a tour that was just it smell better than mine, but I'm not here with remorse on my lap. I'm happy with what I put on the table and in the front row was what he deserved. "


Sebastian Vettel: "It was a hard day's raining again now, and will probably be the same time again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens it will be a long run we are on the front is good ... . is difficult today and in the end only gave us a ride when conditions were at their best. I think it should have been a little faster, but that's life. was called right to the red flag of the session , is an embarrassment to everyone watching, but we can not control the weather. "
 

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton: "I really do not know what happened in Q3 full wets had been working fine, but as the track gradually became less humid, seeking a better grip and switched to intermediates - but we struggled to get enough. the temperature inside of them and just could not turn on.

"So I had very little grip on the Inters, have felt more confidence in the full Wets, obviously, we will try to analyze the problem overnight and hopefully fix it for tomorrow."

. "I want to give a shout-fans have been fantastic. Very patient and supportive cheers from the stands were spectacular Unfortunately, we could not get a car in the front row for them, but. Can still push tomorrow."

"Despite the eighth position is the best place from which to start, it will be a tough race and we're not that far."
"It was a hard day's raining again now, and will probably be the same time again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens it will be a long run we are on the front is good ... . is difficult today and in the end only gave us a ride when conditions were at their best. I think it should have been a little faster, but that's life. was called right to the red flag of the session , is an embarrassment to everyone watching, but we can not control the weather. "
McLaren

Lewis Hamilton: "I really do not know what happened in Q3 full wets had been working fine, but as the track gradually became less humid, seeking a better grip and switched to intermediates - but we struggled to get enough. the temperature inside of them and just could not turn on."

"So I had very little grip on the Inters, have felt more confidence in the full Wets, obviously, we will try to analyze the problem overnight and hopefully fix it for tomorrow."


. "I want to give a shout-fans have been fantastic. Very patient and supportive cheers from the stands were spectacular Unfortunately, we could not get a car in the front row for them, but. Can still push tomorrow."

"Despite the eighth position is the best place from which to start, it will be a tough race and we're not that far."

 
Jenson Button: "Usually you can drive a race car in the wet but obviously not today The car felt completely different in its second set of Inters - in the first set, she had a lot of first tremor and "could not. t get the tires working, but in the second set that the problem was much better."

"So in my last lap was about 1.8sec in my previous brand. Sadly, however, was not able to do what my mind in terms of overall lap time, because it was particularly wet in the last sector and there was also caution over Startline. that's the way it is sometimes. is the story of my first year, actually, I guess."


"If Sunday's wet, and we hope to be, then the fact that we have not put too many miles on the tires I can do a little better prepared for tomorrow."


"Just take the positives of the situation whenever possible."


Mercedes

Michael Schumacher: "Naturally I am satisfied with the result today - after all, we are in the top three again are not so well before the break in Q2 because my visor was completely tarnished and that meant I had a.! excitement during the round, but then everything went well in Q3 We were competitive in both the intermediate and rain tires, so I would welcome more rain tomorrow the third is a good starting point for the career - .. I can not wait. "


Nico Rosberg: "It was not fast enough, in general, today, and we have to understand why that happened, because truth is a bit surprising that yesterday was faster in the same conditions, but I'm still confident for tomorrow and wanting. the race as this year, you can score good points, even when you are from a long way back. Thanks to the fans who were here today. even when there was heavy rain and does not lead to a long time, created a great atmosphere. "


Lotus

Kimi Raikkonen: "We made a decision a little wrong by fully wet and I just had a lap in the final qualifying session restarted with intermediaries, otherwise I think it could have gone faster We also had a problem with the KERS . we have tried to correct for red flag break."

"We are in sixth place, which is certainly not a disaster, but could have been better climate makes it a little difficult for all the world is not easy, especially with the spray and this is even more difficult in race conditions when .. everyone is fighting for the same piece of track. On the positive side for the fans, it's fun to watch, even if not the best weather if you are on a platform. "

Romain Grosjean: "It's frustrating and I am very sorry for the team, since it seems we had a strong car, but sometimes mistakes happen My lap was not very different from the previous lap, but was different enough for me to go out . and the car was back in the gravel and then was caught. was very slippery."

"We deserved something better, but we will do our best tomorrow to gain positions to get some good points. Will be a long race and the starting position is not to say that whether there are varying conditions. There is also a benefit to do so in Q3, as I have a new set of intermediate tires. Let's see what happens tomorrow. "
 

Force India

Nico Hulkenberg: "It was a very long session, with the delay, but I did most of the conditions in Q1 and Q2 was definitely the right decision to stop the session when the rain was very heavy, because it was too. standing water on the track and the car began to aquaplaning.

"But I do not understand where the pace in Q3 was when I was in the middle, because the car was more difficult to drive and the lap time was not so easy. I was actually hoping for a better position in Q3 of P9, especially with the penalty of five positions that I have for tomorrow. "
Paul di Resta: "We actually took a little play in the dry qualifying session and that is the direction taken with the setup, but it made driving very difficult in wet conditions today I think some other cars was more aggressive. a full wet set-up so I hope my game comes back to me tomorrow in the race.

"Of course I would be starting closer to the front, but let's get into the race with a lot of unknowns regarding data settings and tire performance. Everything is possible in the race and we will not give up ".

 

Sauber

Kamui Kobayashi: "We have started on intermediate tires after the break and this proved to be a wrong decision and I pitted to change to wet tires, but then I only had time for a quick turn and in the difficult conditions it was not enough to . improve on what I needed to get into Q3. Before we had a very good chance to fight for a position. Our pace was very good in the wet. It is a missed opportunity. for tomorrow's race does not really matter if is dry or wet. I will start a long way on the grid and fight as hard as I can. "

Sergio Perez: "We made the wrong decision when we went to the middlemen instead of rain tires after the break, but also had the traffic was driving behind Daniel Ricciardo and could barely see anything, it's a shame because it clearly had the pace .. to fight for a higher position here. However, we made a mistake and now have to work hard to recover from that in the race. "
 

Toro Rosso

Daniel Ricciardo: "It was a difficult and very long session, with conditions similar to last year, when I made my debut in F1 in this career Unfortunately, after the restart that did not manage to reach the top ten, where. he had been before the red flag. I'm sure that was affected by the caution for Grosjean's spin on the last lap, because without it would have been to get into Q3."


"Our pace is better than our position would have you believe, therefore, as I said on Friday, if we have a wet race, which seems likely, I think we can do well tomorrow, when I run hard. The car seems to work well in the wet but from the middle of the field will be a lot of spray to deal with, so there are pros and cons of running in the rain. "

Jean-Eric Vergne: "It could have been rated very good and had gone well until the red flag was fourth at the time, but I knew it would restart with better track conditions and I would have to. Again ."

"The red flag was the right decision because there was too much water to clean tires. However, on reboot, it was considered intermediate run before making a quick decision to switch to the extreme and I think it could have been higher order, unless thus missed the opportunity to make a second lap as the checkered flag came out."

"I'm disappointed because I feel I could have gotten into Q3 today. I hope we have a wet race tomorrow because even though it will start from the back, anything is possible in these conditions, and I hope to make the most of the fact our car is working well in wet conditions to have a good race. "
 

Williams

Pastor Maldonado: "The conditions were very difficult because the track was changing all the time and had to work hard to improve performance was a bit unlucky in the end I crossed the line as the checkered flag came out so did. a return less than others, but we are looking forward to tomorrow. we are competitive and consistent so is looking to fight for a good result tomorrow. "



Bruno Senna: "I was able to drive at a very good, but the end was just unlucky to catch a yellow flag in my final round of qualifying when it was easy on the way to make it so the top ten and move to Q3. It's frustrating, but we'll see what happens over time and hopefully we can be competitive and challenging for the top 10 in the race. "
 

Hormone Replacement Therapy

Pedro de la Rosa: "This was probably the toughest qualifying session, he did not know what we would find Towards the end of the session I asked over the radio, if I wanted to change to dry tires and looked. Up the sky and did not know what to go for some parts of the track was dry, wet ... so that others still in the intermediate and the strategy was to push on each lap as if it were your last."

"As for tomorrow's race, there are not many options because this is a high downforce circuit, both wet and dry conditions. We used a set-up with a suspension of medium, not too much, because I doubt it will be a full race wet or dry completely, so we have to be flexible. "


Narain Karthikeyan: "Qualifying was a lottery, because at times it was raining in one part of the track and not in another's car was really good dry this morning but the weather is very unpredictable English and from things around .. We beat a Marussia, which is good, but we always want to do better. These are a game and for us to compete better in wet conditions, because anything can happen. Just stay calm and take advantage of opportunities that present themselves. "
 

Marussia

Timo Glock: ". A frustrating end to a qualifying session that held the promise so much for us, and could have really lifted the team after a difficult week The last lap of my second race was very strong and I thought, 'Wow we have a chance in Q2 here. " Then went to the Hangar Straight and I just saw this massive rain front in front of me."

"The last sector was massively wet, whereas previously it was very dry, and I thought, 'I can not believe. We will lose everything." In the last two curves are not gripping and I could not keep pace to continue taking the difference, so I actually ended up in positions that are usually wise."


"I'm disappointed for the team, but to see the positive, which could have been a surprise result today as the car seems to be working well. We have to accept and fulfill the promise until morning and see what the weather will be for us. "

Charles Pic: .. "A very disappointing day for me this morning we were working hard to ensure a positive outcome, but we have experienced a fuel pick-up the first problem, and I was stuck on the way we managed to get the car back very quickly , which meant we could try to back out - and we did, with 15 minutes to spare - but then shortly after the car stopped again for a different reason, so no luck in that session ."

"After some changes to the car at halftime, with the engine and gearbox, we were building slowly towards the end of the tour and my first two sectors were strong. Then the rain hit in the last sector and I had to stop the yellow came back from Timo, so I have not had the opportunity to continue the improvement in sector 3.

"It's disappointing, but we have to expect a more positive end to the week. I would like to thank the team for their hard work in the lunch break today to ensure no delayed by the start of qualifying."


Take a look to Driver's Press Conference of British Grand Prix:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 Sports All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.
Submit Site to GoogleIf you wish get high ranking in search engines. So you need to check our Link Building Services