Steven Gerrard urges England to 'seize the moment'

Sunday, June 24, 2012

England captain to 'give it everything' against Italy
Mario Balotelli: 'I want to win with all my heart'


Steven Gerrard urges on England

'These moments don't come round very often,' said Steven Gerrard of England's Euro 2012 quarter-final against Italy
Steven Gerrard urges England"These moments do not come round often, said Steven Gerrard for England's Euro 2012 quarter-final against Italy. Photograph: Lee Smith / Action Images
He urged Steven Gerrard for England team-mates to remember the previous disappointments in the quarter-finals of major tournaments, drove them to take the game to a higher level against Italy with Euro 2012 semi-final against Germany at risk.
Gerard, a member of the England side which came out at this stage of Euro 2004 and World Cup in 2006, the team believes Roy Hodgson will have to improve their performance in the group stage to book a place in the last four.
"We've shown how we are together, the extent of our willingness to fight for each other, and, at the right times, I've provided a bit of a class or skill that you need to come through on the top of the group," he said. "So far, so good, but we also have to realize that the level of the difference rise part now, which tells us that we need to raise our own game, and we need to do better than we did in the group so far."
The alternative is that England is under threat last out of eight post but Gerrard after Hodgson to say that he should consider what they have at least 50-50 thousand jobs on the side to get past Cesare Prandelli.
"This is an exciting time for this group of players. Since I made my England for the first time I dreamed of doing well in these big tournaments. Since then, I was a young boy, I dreamed of it. Once you get to this stage of the competition and you can see what on the horizon, and begin to dream again.
"So far this does not happen, but there is another opportunity to do this here, because of the hurt and pain you went through before, and I'm hoping it will be different this time. I am going to give it everything I have to try to make it different this time. To lose in the quarter-finals, and it hurts a lot. "
The England captain is confident and remarkably also accompanied his manager at a news conference at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev. "In previous tournaments at the level of performance and was under what we are able to," continued Gerard. "This time we have the strongest such as this tournament has gone on. So I think there should be a high confidence levels, and the level of the team's performance so far gives me confidence and belief.
"The players are all aware of how big this game is, the atmosphere is wonderful, and now it is important for players to seize this opportunity, because these moments do not come often. It is important that we leave everything out there and we show our critics and skeptics that we are able to perform at this level. "
Hodgson is expected to be unchanged to send the squad on Sunday, while Prandelli had moved away from the usual policy and will not tell him the players of the Italian team until an hour before the start of the game.
It is expected that Mario Balotelli to be remembered after responding to being left out against the Republic of Ireland, scoring an alternative, and Manchester City striker insists he can achieve the performance of grown up.
"Someone called me Peter Pan," he said. "I think I'm a man. I'm more of a man from Peter Pan. I do not think Mario needs to prove anything to A, Italian or English, and was an important goal for me because I am against Ireland hadn 'the T and scored in the first two games. You [and the Italian media [said I had a mental block, but this did not happen. I was very emotional in the first two games, € my first and it was natural to have a reaction. "
Prior to that, Balotelli was referring to the moments after his goal when his colleague, Leonardo Bonucci, felt it necessary to restrain his hand over his mouth to prevent him from screaming.
"I wanted to score a goal so it was worked up to but not angry," said Balotelli. "There are no problems with the squad on or off the pitch and this is different from what was said. Position that I have a problem"
He added: "I hope he will be a good game would be fun to play against my team [City] They know me, and I know them and I just hope I win and lose what I want to win this game .. with all my heart and my soul."
Asked about James Milner Balotelli control because it has two sides, one that can score goals and win great games and one which does not train well when it is cold, and her attitude is questionable. "He's lucky," said the attacker. "He knows 2 Balotellis".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 Sports All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.
Submit Site to GoogleIf you wish get high ranking in search engines. So you need to check our Link Building Services